Last but not least, you’ll want to know this group of designers for Tampa Bay Fashion Week 2013! They are all currently students at the International Academy of Design & Technology and part of the Student Designer Showcase at this year’s show. Allow us to introduce you to these emerging student designers:
- What does fashion mean to you? Fashion allows me to express my love of differences. People often refer to how much they are similar. “We are so much alike,” is often said when we meet new people. I feel that the adventure in life is the most exhilarating when we celebrate what makes each of us unique and different.
- What do you hope to bring to Tampa Bay’s fashion scene? I hope to bring “fashion experiences” to Tampa Bay. Through the combination of exploring differences, a love for simple historical silhouettes, and the use of textiles with defined texture, color, and drape, and a touch of whimsy or unexpected fun. I hope to create and share new “fashion experiences.”
- What matters to you the most as a designer? Inspiration matters the most to me as a designer. I see the world full of possible inspiration. It is what wakes me up at 4 am.
- What makes your designs unique? My designs are unique because they stem from a large and wonderful family. The basis for all of my designs is the result of the “United Nations” that flows in and out of our house on any given day. Our family may consist of children from India, China, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Italy, France, England, Australia, Spain, Mexico, and the list could keep going. All of these children come into our lives for a variety of reasons; however, it is through each of their differences I was able to build my confidence to return to school at 40 and pursue my love of fashion at IADT.
- What are you looking forward to most about your showcase at this year’s TBFW? I look forward to working with my fellow students, meeting new designers, and adding to our ever-growing United Nations.
- What does fashion mean to you? I couldn’t describe what fashion means to me better than the famous words of Coco Chanel, “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street; fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
- What do you hope to bring to Tampa Bay’s fashion scene? I hope to bring my sophisticated, fashion-forward style to Tampa Bay by using luxury, airy, and colorful fabrics that represent Florida’s beautiful ambiance.
- What matters to you the most as a designer? The most important part of being a designer is creating pieces that will make a woman feel invincible to judgment. While wearing my designs, I want the woman to feel confident, chic, and comfortable.
- What makes your designs unique? As a designer, I love to embrace the femininity of a woman. My designs emphasize a woman’s figure and romantic attitude, while maintaining a sophisticated and classy appearance.
- What are you looking forward to most about your showcase at this year’s TBFW? This year’s Tampa Bay Fashion Week will be the first time displaying my designs on a runway. I am incredibly excited to present my hard work, knowledge, and experience through a small taste of my Spring/Summer 2014 collection.
- What does fashion mean to you? Fashion is a way for me to express myself. To me fashion is a silent language between myself and the world; therefore, knowing my personality style helps me to remain stylish while being myself.
- What do you hope to bring to Tampa Bay’s fashion scene? My goal is to not just have people say WOW, but to revive the season with spring all over again.
- What matters to you the most as a designer? As a women’s clothing designer I pride myself on enriching women’s lives through what they wear. My goal is to help women connect with their inner-selves in order to express her inside-out in a simple, yet trendy manner.
- What makes your designs unique? Each of my designs is created with an inspiration in mind; this particular collection will reflect the flowing wind in springtime. The silhouettes are a combination of contoured fits and twisting flows at the hemlines. Each garment is a beautiful blend of simple and stylish.
- What are you looking forward to most about your showcase at this year’s TBFW? To have my pieces accepted by the audience, as well as gain connections to other designers and potential clients.
Ivette “Gigi” Guerra:
- What does fashion mean to you? Fashion to me is a manifestation of individuality, creativity and innovation. It’s the primary form of self-expression.
- What do you hope to bring to Tampa Bay’s fashion scene? I want the women of Tampa Bay to look and feel beautiful without losing what makes them unique. I hope that they find something in my designs that will help them showcase their style and originality.
- What matters to you the most as a designer? As a designer, I want to share my vision by providing women with pieces that identify with their personal style, and that accentuate what makes them who they are.
- What makes your designs unique? My designs have a classic-chic flavor that can be worn by women who are in need of an elegant look. My designs are for women who have a fashion forward sense, enjoy dressing up and wearing only the most luxurious textiles. I want women to express their femininity with sophistication and grace.
- What are you looking forward to most about your showcase at this year’s TBFW? I’m excited to share my designs and love of all things fashion. It’s an honor and privilege to have been chosen for such an event. I’m positive that my designs will showcase my desire to make my mark on the fashion industry.
There you have it! All of the designers for Tampa Bay Fashion Week 2013! It’s going to be an exciting runway show event. You can simply scroll through the posts if you missed any of the previously featured designers, otherwise, you will see them (and us) the rest of the week and of course, at the runway show this Friday, Sept. 20, 2013!