In Designers, Events, Fashion on October 5, 2013 at 5:03 am
The Academy Student Designer Showcase
The International Academy of Design and Technology showcased designs from four students at this year’s Tampa Bay Fashion Week! Student designers Alexandra Lin, Carly Edwards, Gwenn Everett and Ivette “Gigi” Guerra put their skills to the test and proved that they each have a great eye for design.
Bright floral prints, metallics, ruffles and retro maxi dresses were just a few of the fabulous looks from the student collections. Each student’s individual style reflected clearly in their designs. We will be sure to keep an eye on these emerging designers!
In Designers, Events, Fashion on October 4, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Lolodaisy by Lorena – Lorena Knezevic
Lorena describes her style as “modern romance” and her spring/summer 2014 collection stayed true to her description! Her dresses managed to find a harmonious balance between modern cuts and romantic vibes.
The crowd could not get enough of the gorgeous pleated dress Lorena sent down the runway, which could easily be taken from a day time to a date-night look!
Audrey “Pat” McGhee
One of the hottest trends right now is women in menswear. It’s also one of the hardest fashion trends to pull off without losing a sense of femininity in the outfit. Well, Audrey “Pat” Mcghee proved to us that she knows just how to incorporate menswear into a woman’s wardrobe, without sacrificing any of that feminine beauty!
Audrey “Pat” McGhee put a fabulous twist on a classic white button-down by cropping the front, and provided the perfect pops of color with a bright green clutch and adorable hair bow. And Pat’s silver tailored tuxedo? A night out on the town in that outfit will surely make a bold statement and demand that all eyes are on you!
In Designers, Events, Fashion, Updates on September 13, 2013 at 12:49 pm
Today marks the first day of Tampa Bay Fashion Week 2013 and we’re kicking off at International Plaza and Bay Street! Be sure to click here to view the day’s schedule of events!
While we’re celebrating the launch of Fashion Week, we’d also like to take a moment to introduce you to Sandra Hagen, a Colombian born designer, and one of the first designers ever featured in Tampa Bay Fashion Week! Sandra graduated in Fashion Design from the International Academy of Design and Technology in Tampa and went on to intern at LUCA LUCA before designing her own line. She finds the perfect balance of feminine and vintage in her designs and ensures that each piece is perfectly crafted. Family is extremely important to Sandra, who makes sure to find a balance between her career as a designer and her family.
- What does fashion mean to you? After my family, fashion is my life and my passion. I live and breathe fashion every day. It is what I do.
- What do you hope to bring to Tampa Bay’s Fashion scene? I hope to bring beautiful, wearable, comfortable designs that the women of Tampa Bay can see themselves wearing. Wearing my pieces not only for very special occasions, but for everyday life.
- What matters to you the most as a designer? What matters to me most is making sure that my customers get something that is well-made and with a great fit.
- What makes your line unique? Details and fit are what makes my line unique.
- You have experienced living in many different cultures. How have these cultures had an influence on your designs? Living in different cultures has opened the doors for me to see how the women in different cultures dress. It has enhanced my skills and opened the world of possibilities as far as working with details, colors, textures, and shapes.